[TRLog] TR and the HP 200LX

Subject: [TRLog] TR and the HP 200LX
From: bkassel@dancris.com (Brian Kassel)
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 11:35:34 -0800
Folks:
  A bunch of us use TR in QRP contests as well as running in the QRP
class in the
QRO contests as well.  Many QRP contests have to do with camping and
portable
type operations.  Many of us have been using TR for sometime, but used
notebook
or laptop PC's.  When you pack up the PC, and cables, and rig up some
sort of a
power cludge to enable the portable PC to run, well it sort of runs
against
the QRP minimumalist philosophy.

Has anyone run TR on something like an HP 200LX?

How easy was the screen to read as far as the important TR display
paramters?

How much memory would be required or reccomended?

Are the keys useable in a fast paced contest situation if the 2 finger
method is used?

Is the little machine fast enough after hundreds of entries?

How long do the batteries last?

What's a good price for the machine and required accessories?

Any other comments etc.?

You might want to respond to my E-MAIL address only, as I wouldn't want
to tie up this list with comments that may only interest a few of us
QRP folks.  I'll make sure that the other QRP folks are copied.

Thanks a lot for your time.

--
Brian Kassel W5VBO
ARCI # 3623