[TRLog] Re: Network

Subject: [TRLog] Re: Network
From: srobbins@usit.net (Scott Robbins)
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 13:44:18 -0400 (EDT)

I have each computer set up with the simple LOGCFG.DAT file I
indicated:

MY CALL = W4PA
CONTEST = IARU
MULTI PORT = SERIAL 1
COMPUTER ID = A

Each computer has the same LOGCFG.DAT file.  Except the "other"
computer has COMPUTER ID = B.

I have the computers connected with a null modem cable, pin 2 to
pin 3 and vice versa (DB-9's).  When running TR LOOPBACK I can type
on one machine and see the output on the opposite computer's screen.
I can do this with either machine.

When running TR, there is no response back and forth.  They act
totally independent.  No QSO's passed, no chat messages, etc.  I
have them both set up in non-simulator mode, as if I were actually
logging during the contest with two different laptops.  I ran
about 15 contacts on each computer, tried different bands, modes,
chat messages to ALL or to a specific band...nothing.  Does not
update multipliers, contacts needed, etc.

I tried actually typing SEND QSO IMMEDIATELY = TRUE into the
LOGCFG.DAT rather than relying on a default but this did not
change anything for me.

Thanks for the quick response, any other thoughts?

Scott Robbins, W4PA

This e-mail message may not represent the viewpoint of my employer.
Visit the Tennessee Contest Group at <http://www.k4ro.net/tcg.html>
             "I sure don't know what I'm goin' for,
               but I'm gonna go for it for sure!" - Grateful Dead