[TRLog] Ten Minute Rule thought

Subject: [TRLog] Ten Minute Rule thought
From: swca@ionet.net (swca@ionet.net)
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 06:28:01 -0500 (CDT)
Hi everybody.  I was RTFMing and came across a LOGCFG command which I wonder
if it should work differently:

TEN MINUTE RULE when set to TIME OF FIRST QSO mode displays the elapsed time
since your first QSO on the band you're on.

Either that or you set it to NONE.

>From what I remember about 10 minute rules (I am flying by the seat of my
pants here so tell me if I am wrong), doesn't the 10 minutes start when you
change bands initially (listening time, after all, counts as operating
time)?  Since TR is smart enough to know when this happened, shouldn't the
clock start ticking when you change bands, even if it takes a few minutes to
make a QSO?

Couldn't the operator at least be given the option (i.e. possible values =
NONE, TIME OF FIRST QSO, TIME SINCE CHANGING BANDS)?

Mark, N5OT