[TRLog] Ten Minute Rule thought

Subject: [TRLog] Ten Minute Rule thought
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III)
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 11:18:08 -0700 (PDT)
swca@ionet.net writes:

>>From what I remember about 10 minute rules (I am flying by the seat of my
>pants here so tell me if I am wrong), doesn't the 10 minutes start when you
>change bands initially (listening time, after all, counts as operating
>time)?  Since TR is smart enough to know when this happened, shouldn't the
>clock start ticking when you change bands, even if it takes a few minutes to
>make a QSO?

It depends on the contest.

The CQ WW contest changed their 10 min rule so that
the 10 mins starts when you make the first QSO on
the new band.

>Couldn't the operator at least be given the option (i.e. possible values =
>NONE, TIME OF FIRST QSO, TIME SINCE CHANGING BANDS)?

Yes - this would cover more cases - and I guess
some ocntests still have a 15 min rule........

Then of course some use number of band changes per hour.

--

George Fremin III          "I'm talkin' 'bout that outlaw X
Austin, Texas                It's cuttin' through the air.... "