[TRLog] NEED DVK SOLUTION

Subject: [TRLog] NEED DVK SOLUTION
From: ljp@aquila.com (Louis Petkus)
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 09:49:39 -0500
Yes I have built a dvk for TR....and if I knew how much time it was going
to take before hand I would have purchased one!  The parts cost was in the
$50 range.  The finished unit turned out very nice but just was NOT worth
the effort!

That said, I used the diagram from an article in QST.  I think the article
was titled  "Chip Talker".  To the basic unit I had to add a PTT relay,
mike pre amp, computer interface (just simple transistor switches) and LOTS
and LOTS of RF filtering.

The exact chip described in the article is no longer available.  It has
been replaced with a newer version which requires a very slight
modification to circuit. I haven't tried to figure out exactly what mods
need to done as my old chip is still working just fine.

My advice, buy don't build!  If I were going to buy I would get the W9XT card.

Lou
K9LU