[TRLog] 6.31 missing occasional SCP calls

Subject: [TRLog] 6.31 missing occasional SCP calls
From: N7DR@sff.net (D. R. Evans)
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 20:35:52 -0600
I'm in the middle of playing in SSB WW and wanted to report an infrequently
occurring bug.

I have my SCP letter-count set to 3. Occasionally, the list of matched
calls does not contain all the matches. As soon as I hit the space bar to
DUPE, then the matches seem to be re-synched properly.

Here's an actual example that I made a note of in real time since I was
beginning to be a bit suspicious about the SCP not matching all the calls.

About an hour ago I heard the end of a callsign: 9RG. I was pretty sure it
was going to be DU9RG, although I hadn't heard him on yet during the
weekend. I typed in "9RG" and the only match that showed was HB9RG. I
assumed that the database must be missing DU9RG (although I must say I was
surprised at this).

I went to the front of the field when DU9RG sent his complete call and
added the DU at the front of the call. The list of matching calls went
blank. Then I hit the space. Lo and behold! DU9RG appeared in the list of
matching calls.

It's happened just a couple of times that I've noticed. Most of the time
when something like this happens, one probably wouldn't notice. Anyway I
just wanted to give a "heads up" that something seems to be not quite right
in the SCP routine. For all I know it may have been like this for a long
time.

  N7DR

D.R. Evans N7DR / G4AMJ                       N7DR@sff.net
Member, 1998 Nebula Novel Jury
  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR/nebula98.html

"Palindor Chronicles" information and extracts:
   http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR/drevans.htp