[TRLog] Why Is My Bandmap Acting "Weird?"

Subject: [TRLog] Why Is My Bandmap Acting "Weird?"
From: aa0cy@nwrain.com (Bob Wanderer)
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 16:28:33 -0800
Tree

Below is the logcfg.dat I was using in this weekend's CQWW. Unless
this is the way it normally works, I experienced a problem with it. If I
did a Ctrl-End, it would highlight only those spots which were on the
band I currently was on although it was showing spots from all bands.
In addition, if I was on 15m, as an example, and there were spots for 20m
"below" the 15m ones, the highlight would be "offset" by one location. See
below the logcfg.dat for what I hope will work as an illustrative example.
What error did I make? I am using Ver 6.31 and the computer is
a Dell 486.

I also could not send out a packet spot with the single-quote (') key.
I could do so, however, by going into the packet "window" using Ctrl-B
and manually entering the spot and sending it. The status of the
eight-bit command was immaterial. I started with it left out and when
I couldn't send the spot with ', tried invoking it; that's why it's in the file.
Again, is there something I forgot to include or something included
which should have been left out?

I try to use one logcfg.dat for both CW and SSB versions. The program
is quite excellent. Now that I am well on my way to understanding it and
have used it in several contests, I won't go back to brand C and brand N.

BTW, I can't hear any spacing difference between full and half-space [^].
Perhaps
it doesn't kick in at slower speeds (I usually stay around 25.)

The manual is confusing about the placement of the display mode command.
One sentance says it goes after the various window color changes, another says
before. Which is it? It seems to work for the after.

MY CALL = AA0CY/7
CONTEST = CQ WW
CALL WINDOW COLOR = BLACK
EXCHANGE WINDOW COLOR = BLACK
DISPLAY MODE = COLOR
KEYER RADIO ONE OUTPUT PORT = PARALLEL 1
RADIO ONE TYPE = FT1000
RADIO ONE CONTROL PORT = SERIAL 1
PACKET PORT = SERIAL 2
eight bit packet port = true
ALL CW MESSAGES CHAINABLE = TRUE
ASK FOR FREQUENCIES = FALSE
AUTO DISPLAY DUPE QSO = FALSE
AUTO DUPE ENABLE CQ = FALSE
BAND MAP ENABLE = TRUE
VGA DISPLAY ENABLE = TRUE
CALLSIGN UPDATE ENABLE = TRUE
CW TONE = 0
DE ENABLE = FALSE
CODE SPEED = 25
MOUSE ENABLE = FALSE
PACKET BAND SPOTS = FALSE
PACKET SPOTS = MULT
POSSIBLE CALL MODE = ALL
SCP MINIMUM LETTERS = 3
SINGLE RADIO MODE = TRUE

CQ MEMORY F1 = CQ^TEST \ \ TEST

CQ MEMORY F2 = CQ^TEST CQ^TEST CQ^TEST \ \ TEST

CQ MEMORY F4 = TU \ TEST

CQ MEMORY F8 = AGN?

CQ MEMORY F3 = 5NN 3

CQ MEMORY AltF1 = ZONE?

CQ MEMORY ControlF1 = ZONE?

EX MEMORY F3 = 5NN

EX MEMORY AltF4 = ZONE?

S&P EXCHANGE = R 5NN 3
BAND MAP ALL BANDS = TRUE
BEEP ENABLE = FALSE
FLOPPY FILE SAVE NAME = a:logback.dat

bandmap
14201 XX9X
14205 YV4OU
21203 VP5DX
21209 V8A

If I was on 15m and invoked Ctrl-End, the VP5DX spot would be highlighted
in the spot occupied by the 20m spot for the YV. If I downarrowed, V8A would
be highlighted where the VP5 was. I hope you understood what I am trying to
say. It's really weird! I really expected the bandmap to allow me to go
anywhere!

Thanks & 73,
Bob AA0CY