[TRLog] Re: Why Is My Bandmap Acting "Weird?"

Subject: [TRLog] Re: Why Is My Bandmap Acting "Weird?"
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 17:07:50 -0800 (PST)
> What error did I make? I am using Ver 6.31 and the computer is
> a Dell 486.

This problem appears to be connected with having all the bands on the
band map - which I must admit is something that hasn't been fully
tested yet.

It works okay if you limit the band map to the band you are on.
Obviously, I have some work to do to make the selection routine
work when all the bands are shown.  This should be easy to fix for
the next release.

> I also could not send out a packet spot with the single-quote (') key.

Hmmm - did you have a callsign in the call window?  This should be
working.

> BTW, I can't hear any spacing difference between full and half-space.
> Perhaps it doesn't kick in at slower speeds (I usually stay around 25.)

Here is a good way to test.  Do this in a memory:

CQ CQ CQ CQ^CQ^CQ CQ CQ CQ

You can tell the difference then.  It isn't much.

> The manual is confusing about the placement of the display mode command.
> One sentance says it goes after the various window color changes, =
> another says
> before. Which is it? It seems to work for the after.

The DISPLAY MODE command has to be after all the color commands.  Can
you tell me where it says otherwise so I can fix it?

Tree