[TRLog] Exchange parsing to improve 2 radio efficiency

Subject: [TRLog] Exchange parsing to improve 2 radio efficiency
From: srobbins@usit.net (Scott Robbins)
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 20:30:14 -0500 (EST)
At 07:01 AM 11/13/98 -0800, you wrote:

>> This is probably not the best reflector to start this thread, BUT you have
>> just hit my hot button...
>> In a contest if you are 'running' a frequency you have to be there to run
>> it... If I answer your CQ and don't get a reply I will give you a second
>> call... If I still don't get a reply my third transmission is CQ TEST and
that
>> is now my run frequency until I decide to take a break... Now you can finally
>> come back from the john, or your 32nd radio, or where ever, but you no longer
>> have that frequency...
>
>I agree with both statements:
>
>1. This probably isn't the right place.
>
>2. It isn't nice to keep people waiting who call.
>
>73 Tree

How about this thought, Tree.  At the end of an S&P QSO on the inactive
radio, TR-Log automatically calls CQ on the active radio.  If it were
possible to enter 1054 B W5WMU 67 LA /K6LL in the exchange window,
instead of calling CQ after shooting off the exchange on the inactive
radio, the active radio would go ahead and send K6LL 556 Q W4PA 82 TN
rather than calling CQ.  If I know the other station is there, I'd
rather not send a CQ immediately after completing the inactive radio
QSO.  I'd rather send his call and the exchange.  Currently, I tap the
paddle real quick to stop the active radio CQ after an inactive radio
QSO is completed and then send the exchange manually by paddle
when this happens.  I think this sounds far less complicated from a
programming standpoint than the exchange parsing post I put up
yesterday.  I'm not necessarily looking for a response, just wanted to
plant a seed for you.

Scott Robbins, W4PA

Visit the Tennessee Contest Group at <http://www.k4ro.net/tcg.html>
The most under-rated rock band in the United States is LITTLE FEAT.
                    <http://www.littlefeat.net>
The views expressed above do not represent the view of my employer.