[TRLog] FT1000MP radio/keying. sharing?

Subject: [TRLog] FT1000MP radio/keying. sharing?
From: Clive_Whelan@compuserve.com (Clive Whelan)
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 13:33:34 -0500

Hi List

I wonder if anyone has experience of using a COM port shared between the CAT
port on the FT and a keying interface?

I have assumed from the TR literature that this is possible, and  that the FT
uses only RxD and TxD( and ground)but not DTR for the radio interface, thus
allowing
 sharing with a keyer lead.

My keyer lead is pre-existing and tested, but only has TxD, RxD and ground
connected for the radio. This does not seem to produce transceiver data for TR,
whereas
 of course a standard modem cable does so when connected separately. Are
jumpers perhaps necessary as hinted at in the manual for some radios/TNCs.

The Ft manual is not helpful in this area.

Advice appreciated.

73

Clive
GW3NJW