[TRLog] NAMES IN CW EXCHANGES

Subject: [TRLog] NAMES IN CW EXCHANGES
From: k7jj@garlic.com (Dave Earnest, K7JJ)
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 08:18:49 -0800
Can someone help me with a possible mental block?

I have never been able to get the names to work within the exchanges. I
have TRMASTER.DTA updated and in my current contest log directory, in
this case the CQWWCW.

At this time I have no CQ exchange programmed, yet when I hit my CQ
exchange F3, this thing sends 5NN3 (possibly derived from contest and
zone info?)

I have programmed F3: $ 5NN3
and do NOT get a GM, GE, or GA and name. Just gett 5NN3.

I have set INITIAL EXCHANGE = NAME

Again, at this time, I have nothing set in my CQ EXCHANGE F3 and I still
get a 5NN3 when I hit this key.

I have also tried putting in the control-P to increase and decrease the
speed of the report, but it is not working.

My directory structure:

LOG\CONTESTS\CQWWCW\1998

There is a TRMASTER.DTA in both LOG and 1998 directories.

What am I doing wrong?

--
73 - Dave Earnest, K7JJ (ex:W7KJJ)
http://www.garlic.com/~k7jj/hz1ab.html