[TRLog] TS950S and Rig control

Subject: [TRLog] TS950S and Rig control
From: rpb@ec.rockwell.com (rpb@ec.rockwell.com)
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 13:33:26 -0600
Just finished with cq ww cw, wow, have things changed with the conditions
as they were... Casual effort, just a wonderful time was had

newayzzzz....

Latest and greatest version of TR (which seemed to fix a few goofy problems i
was experiencing, those nasty little compiler switches!). All seems well except
i got frustrated not being able to switch bands, nor select spots off the
band map
and have the radio go to it...   Got out a terminal emulator and verified
that both
tx and rx paths to the radio are good all seems well.  I thought i may have
blown out the ttl/RS-232C translator that i built from all the RF.   Radio
talks both ways from the terminal emulator, and i was able to
command/control the radio from it.

Cut to the chase here...
what i discovered is that on the TS950S, the radio control only seemed to
work when on VFO A.... if i was on VFO B,  the only thing that apparently
worked from the radio  was reading the frequency, which comes out of the
radio autonomously when tuning.  No commands/polling necessary to get
frequency.

Radio control seem broke from VFO B....

Is this by design or have i discovered a bug???
Anybody else find this to be true?

BTW,
First time really using the Band Map feature.
For a little puppy with only DipoleKW antennas to work with, this feature is
super cool for S&P !!!!!  On my wish list is a way to create per band
"filters" of "bandplans" to parse out of the map any SSB spots, based on
frequency.  I dont want SSB spots cluttering up the end of the display.   I
would prefer not to have to go to the cluster each time and build the
filters there.  Much of the time i find that i dont have a need 2 be
connected to the cluster to use this feature, yielding to other, more
serious users the bandwidth on the channel for their use.

Tree, i have the 950S Communications/Interface manual that i could get to
you if you would find it useful.

- 73's all

bob - W9ZV