[TRLog] Get the Right Time

Subject: [TRLog] Get the Right Time
From: OZ5RM@city.dk (R. Meilstrup)
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 11:00:21 +0100
Re: Troubles with the program RighTime and TR-Log.
There are - fortuneately - several programs like Righttime that help us keep
the PC-clock in good shape. FixTime is another one, but it can be used with
DOS-machines only. After QSY'ing to Windows95 two years ago I found an
excellent  time setting Windows program: Accuset. Using this, you can either
adjust your PC-clock via the Internet (It takes two key strokes), or via a
telephone modem.
This happens by contacting one of the many technical institutions/universities
listed in the program...Or you can do it manually by listening to one of the
standard frequency/time stations, WWV for instance, or RWM on 9996/4996 kHz.
The latter station is booming
into Europe. Besides, Accuset shows you the sun's position on a world map and
the time in several cities around the globe. Like
the other programs, Accuset will work out your clock's tendency (slow or fast)
and compensate for it. A shareware program, it can be downloaded at the
following address:  http://resik-software.com - at a price of $10 after the
trial period. After several synchronisations
and automatic adjustments my clock is now down to 2 or 3 secs /week.   I have
no problems with TR and the clock now.
                                       Rick, OZ5RM@city.dk