[TRLog] FT1000 MP owners beware

Subject: [TRLog] FT1000 MP owners beware
From: tgstewart@pepco.com (tgstewart@pepco.com)
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 08:21:44 -0500
QSK works fine with the MP in BreakIn mode.  VOX also works fine with no
significant delay times. If you use solid state amp keying on your
amplifier, that will work fine as well.  However, you will then lose
complete "lockout" control via the PTT input, which is the only real
trouble at this point.

Using the LPT PTT from the computer, you can always set up the MP for zero
VOX delay in the menu and turn the VOX on to fix the keying lead-time
problem, and everything will work fine except you no longer have absolute
lockout control via the computer(s).  However,  if you are only using TR or
NA for all CW generation (ie using the paddle input and no external
keyers), this shouldnt be a problem either.

73, Ty K3MM