[TRLog] Re: Setup

Subject: [TRLog] Re: Setup
From: v31ry@ix.netcom.com (AE0Q V31RY)
Date: Sat, 08 May 1999 11:52:36 -0600
At 21:54 07-05-99 -0500, KK5IB wrote:
>   I need to know the details
>  of the keyer circuit from the computer to the radio.

Hello Darryl,

  There is a simple keying circuit (4 components) that you can build into
the DB-25 or -9 connector shell that plugs into your PC serial or parallel
port.

  To keep RF out of the PC ports, I use an opto-isolator IC that only costs
about $0.50 at a number of electronics stores.  This means that there is no
direct electrical connection between the computer port and the radio.  The
schematics for both serial and parallel port connections are on my web site:

http://www.qsl.net/ae0q/contest/opto_key.htm

The circuit works with TRLog as well as most of the day-to-day logging
programs.

73  --  Glenn

"Remember, any tool can be the right tool!"   Red Green

     AEØQ / V31RY          ex: GM5BKC, ZB2WZ, SVØWY, WAØVPK
  v31ry@ix.netcom.com   --SOWP 5558-M, ARRL LM, QCWA LM, NCVA--
http://www.qsl.net/ae0q/