[TRLog] keying problems

Subject: [TRLog] keying problems
From: Clive_Whelan@compuserve.com (Clive Whelan)
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 18:14:11 -0400

<< if i use the rig keyer the puter sends garbage..... >>

I don't know the 920, but assuming it's not a million miles from the 1000MP
setup, you simply can't use the built in keyer in parallel with the TR
output. In the 1000MP they are not separate key "ports" simply parallel
sockets. The internal keyer requires dot and dash  input from the paddle,
but will also key well from the TR interface, so long as the keyer is
disabled.

If like me you hate having to disable the keyer on the fly, the only
solution is to use a parallel port for TR keying, and use the paddle
facility in TR. Have I done this, errm  ask me later!

Clive

GW3NJW
Written Thu, 27 May 1999 18:42
gw3njw@bigfoot.com