[TRLog] keying problems

Subject: [TRLog] keying problems
From: jcullum@micron.com (jcullum)
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 16:49:04 -0600
Ira,
        Here's the way I have my FT-920 setup.  Plugged into the front key
jack I have my Bencher paddles.  I have the internal keyer enabled via the
front panel switch.  The radio is set for QSK.  The key jack on the back
goes to the comm port or parallel port interface.  There is a switch on the
back of the radio that switches this input to function as straight key or it
will get routed to the internal keyer.  Put this switch in the straight key
position.  This setup enables the computer to key the input on the back of
the radio and uses the internal keyer to control the paddles plugged into
the front of the radio.  This should solve your problems.

To take it a step further you can also wire up the parallel port paddle
input interface as described in the TR manual.  This will give you 3 keying
keyer with paddle #1 and 3.) using TR as keyer with paddle #2.

Hope this helps,

Jim/K7MK

*** Original question***

ok got a problem. am using a data switch on puter on com 2 ....for extra
ports....have keying interface in it .....using an yaesu 920  ....i have to
use an external keyer  hooked inline with the keying interface and have my
inrad keyer turned off and radio on vox to get all this to work....920 has 2

keyer ports would like to use one for key and the other for keying interface

and bypass and outside keyer and use the built in keyer  on the ft 920....
any ideas.....btw if i use the rig keyer the puter sends garbage......
                         Ira   n4kn