[TRLog] Non-Ascii character in Summary Sheet?

Subject: [TRLog] Non-Ascii character in Summary Sheet?
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 09:28:31 -0600
Anyone see this in their Summary Sheet from 6.46?

In doing my summary sheet for last night's Sprint, a non-ascii character showed
up in a position just before my City name.  In the first summary sheet creation
(on a PC at W5RRR) and subsequent reviewing on my PC at home in Wordpad, the
character would not let me cut and past the complete summary sheet.  When I
opened Summary.dat in Wordpad, a message box came up warning me of the presence
of the non-ascii character.

When I did a copy and paste, it would paste only up to that character (a
mid-level period -- above a normal period's position) and not beyond.

I could not backspace over it to erase it.  Nor could I delete it or overwrite
it.

When I re-created the summary sheet in my PC here at home and opened
summary.dat in wordpad, it again was there.  But, this time, it was a little
square and I could delete it by overtyping it.

Curious....

73,
Dale Martin, KG5U
kg5u@hal-pc.org