[TRLog] One for the wish list

Subject: [TRLog] One for the wish list
From: w2ktf@juno.com (w2ktf@juno.com)
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 15:29:30 EST
     This is so obvious a goody that I can't imagine
that it is not on the Web wishlist and not mentioned
on the reflector.  It must have been shot down long
ago, as impractical to program.

     The wish:

        A program in POST that will look for ARRL
sections in TRMASTER database, determine the
State, and fill in the missing states in the MASTER
data.

     Or:

            Give the TR logging program the ability in
INITIAL EXCHANGE when the State is needed and
is missing, to check for ARRL section in the data,
determine the proper State and put it in the exchange
window.

     This would mean, after working SS or ARRL160,
you'd be all set to have the states show up in initial
exchage when you QSO the same stations in CQ160,
for instance.

     I can tell that Wwa is in Wa,  SFl is n Fl.  And I
know that TR is smarter than I am.

                        Charles, W2KTF

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.