[TRLog] One for the wish list

Subject: [TRLog] One for the wish list
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR2BrettGraham)
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 07:50:59 +0000
W2KTF wished:

        A program in POST that will look for ARRL
 sections in TRMASTER database, determine the
 State, and fill in the missing states in the MASTER
 data.

     Or:

            Give the TR logging program the ability in
 INITIAL EXCHANGE when the State is needed and
 is missing, to check for ARRL section in the data,
 determine the proper State and put it in the exchange
 window.

While I'd go about this by massaging TRMASTER.ASC outside of POST, here's a
workaround that I use & could apply to the situation Charles described above:

USER INFO SHOWN = CUSTOM
CUSTOM USER STRING = abc
INITIAL EXCHANGE = def

Where "abc" is ARRL section & "def" is QTH in the case of a contest that uses
states for the exchange.  Either you can verify that the station sends the
state that INITIAL EXCHANGE fills in for you, or you can verify that he sends
the state you typed when you saw his section in the USER INFO WINDOW.  If both
come up blank, one then pays just as much attention to what the other guy
sends.  ;^)

73, VR2BrettGraham