[TRLog] ARRL DX CW vagaries

Subject: [TRLog] ARRL DX CW vagaries
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 10:26:08 -0600
I'm still running 6.47 -- so, I'm behind a bit...

<<<Runtime error 204:>>>

A couple of times, during ARRL DX CW, I got a run time error 204 at 1F4F :
36C8.

I was able to replicate the error today.

If I type in a dupe call, hit <enter>, then spacebar (don't ask me why I did
that!), I get the runtime error.

If I key in anything at the dos prompt that appeared with the error message and
press <enter>, the PC goes through a complete reboot.

If I just hit <enter>  or spacebar after the dupe call entry, I get the
requisite beep, the 'dupe' following the callsign and clearing of the callsign
field.

<<<Flashing BandMap Display>>>

I'm operating in two radio mode with two Omni VI's.

I'm looking at the radio 1 bandmap.

If I move Radio 2 to 15m (radio1 being on any other band), the bandmap display
begins flashing and data entry into the callsign field is sporadic. If I switch
to Radio2  (alt-R), the display continues flashing on the 15m bandmap and data
entry is sporadic at the callsign field.

If I move radio 2 to any other band not occupied by radio 1, the bandmap and
callsign field data entry are returned to normal.

If I move radio 2 to any other band and move radio 1 to 15m, the bandmap and
callsign field data entry are normal.

Any ideas?

73,
Dale Martin, KG5U