[TRLog] two radio ICOM

Subject: [TRLog] two radio ICOM
From: Thomas M. Schaefer" <ny4i@arrl.net (Thomas M. Schaefer)
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 16:51:37 -0600
If the two radios are Icom, it is feasible for TR to have a setting like:

Radio One Address = 68
Radio Two Address = 70
Radio One Port = 1
Radio Two Port = 1

In the case of ICOM, both radios could be controlled on the single serial
port because of CI-V.. I know that is an exception to the rule, but since
the program is setting the address anyway, it seems that by just selecting
the right address, the one port can control both. I realize there would be
an exception to decode any received data like:
IF radio1.type = 'ICOM' or radio2.type = 'ICOM'
   decode the address
   if radio1.address then
     go do some radio 1 stuff
  else if radio2.address then
   go do some radio 2 stuff
else
   ;

You would also have to only allow both radios to be on the same serial port
if both radios were Icom.

I know this has been asked ages ago, but I was not sure if it was doable?

Thanks,

Tom NY4I