[TRLog] two radio ICOM

Subject: [TRLog] two radio ICOM
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale Martin)
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 20:30:13 -0500

> If the two radios are Icom, it is feasible for TR to have a
> setting like:
>
> Radio One Address = 68
> Radio Two Address = 70
> Radio One Port = 1
> Radio Two Port = 1
>
> In the case of ICOM, both radios could be controlled on the
> single serial
> port because of CI-V.. I know that is an exception to the
> rule, but since
> the program is setting the address anyway, it seems that by
> just selecting
> the right address, the one port can control both.

Tom,

Ten-Tec produced the Model 305 RS-232 Level Converter.  It had a single
DB-25 connector for interface to the comport of a computer.  The ports
consisted of five separate RCA connectors to feed the RS-232 serial signal
to/from the various radios.  The ports are all in parallel.  It was the
receiver address that determined which radio responded to the appropriately
addressed command.

If you have a 1995 ARRL Handbook for Radio Amateurs, it contains the
schematic for a virtually identical RS-232 level converter with multiple
ports.

It looks like, according to Tree's post, that TRLog might have some problems
with that mode of operation.

73,
dale, kg5u