[TRLog] RE Radio Update Seconds

Subject: [TRLog] RE Radio Update Seconds
From: clive_whelan@btinternet.com (Clive Whelan)
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 22:41:46 +0100
George

> The advantage is that TR-Log does not care about IRQs.
> It also allowed Tree make the CW sound really good.

Erm, not sure I understand the relevance of those points, but
certainly the CW is impeccable, and should remain sacrosanct.

However I do agree that a faster update would be welcome, and
more importantly imo the ability somehow to read the QRG while
the Shift keys are doing the tuning. Presently it is required to
take one's eyes off the screen when tuning in this way to see
where one is in the band, a real pain. Would it not be possible
to toggle TR between data in and data out say every 50mS which
should not ( well maybe) contribute a detectable delay in this
mode of operation, as opposed to sending CW where it would be
disastrous

I am sure this is not technically easy otherwise it would have
been done by now, but TR does most other things, for the wish
list!

73

Clive