[TRLog] Interface Problem

Subject: [TRLog] Interface Problem
From: juhan@chem.ut.ee (Juhan Põldvere)
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 13:06:28 +0300
Hi Dave,

>When I key my TS850 in the MANual mode output power is about 50% lower
>than if I switch to VOX.. In VOX output is 100%.
>
>I am using the default PTT delay, etc.
>
>This occurs in a DOS window under Win 98 or when I boot up directly to
>DOS.
>Any ideas why this occurs?

I had a similar experience with my TS850 a month ago - the
transceiver switched to transmit as indicated by the red TX LED, but there
was no rf output. Modeled this also with a resistor in place of the
switching transistor.

I then made the switching transistor close the PTT line to
minus 1 volt from a used battery. A relay would be a "cleaner" solution.
--
Juhan, ES5QX of ES5Q