[TRLog] SIIG Serial PCI

Subject: [TRLog] SIIG Serial PCI
From: nr1dx@cyberportal.net (NR1DX)
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 23:48:39 +0000
Gary

Are you using an ISA or PCI style card? I have tried both Siig and Byterunner
PCI cards with the same result as you ( I suspect you are using a PCI based
card).

 I think the broader question is there anybody out there who is "successfully"
using the <SERIAL 5 (or 6) PORT ADDRESS=XXXX> with a PCI based card? I am
beginning to believe that the problem may be somehow related to TRLog ( and
possibly DOS) not dealing with the PCI protocols (possibly perceived as an IRQ
sharing conflict?). My Byterunner card came with DOS drivers (I don't remember
now on the Siig card) but even those did not work at least with TRLog. I have
no other DOS applications left that address COM5 or 6 so can't verify that it
is a TR problem or PCI/DOS problem. Both cards work just fine with my other
Windows based apps...... TR PORTS is also useless in diagnosing this problem
because apparently it only checks COM1-4. In fact at one point I configured the
Siig card as COM 4 (it still has a non standard address) and TR PORTS command
still could not see the card leading to my theory about the problem somehow
being PCI/IRQ related.

Tree / George I will gladly send either one of you my Siig or Byterunner card
if you feel up to playing with it, At this point I have 30 frustrating manhours
invested in trying to get them to work with TR to no avail. Took it out of the
computer, reminded myself that is only a hobby and stopped kicking the cat.

DFE0 is the HEX address and that is what TRLog should want.

Dave
NR1DX