[TRLog] SIIG Serial PCI

Subject: [TRLog] SIIG Serial PCI
From: w2cs@ipass.net (Gary J. Ferdinand W2CS)
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 09:50:15 -0500
I'm using a SIIG card that contains 2 serial ports.  It is a PCI card. It is
installed in a Windows 98 system.   The card installed without a hitch and
came up configured as COM5 and COM6.  The only other COM ports in the system
are COM1 and COM2, both motherboard ports.

As I recall I had to specify to TR both the COM number and the port address,
the latter in hexadecimal. There is a very specific format for the hex
address specification.  I screwed that up the first time around.

Good luck/73,

Gary W2CS