[TRLog] Alt D in SO2R

Subject: [TRLog] Alt D in SO2R
From: clive_whelan@btinternet.com (Clive Whelan)
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 00:02:52 GMT

> What I noticed was that if I tried to do an Alt-D near the end of a CQ
> (alt-Q or alt-c/f1), the next CQ run would not start until I had entered the
> call and hit <enter>.

Having looked at the problem out of the heat of the battle, I cannot verify
that the CQ on the run radio was being stopped by Alt D. However Dales's
comment above is pertinent.

What happens is that until the Alt D process is complete then the next CQ will
not be launched, it doesn't matter at what point you start it, early or late
in the CQ. I think this is tolerable when you know what's going on, but it
would be better if it did not happen imo.

There is also a big gotcha which was throwing me. I usually operate with
ESCAPE EXITS SEARCH AND POUNCE=FALSE, but in this case aborting the S&P
operation with Escape does not place the run radio back in CQ mode, but in S&P
which is not at all helpful! I can see that this might be difficult to
overcome, but it would certainly be nice if the run radio returned to CQ mode
by default. Can this be added to the wish list?

> What would be handy is that the auto CQ resumes after making a QSO.

Absolutely, in fact I am surprised that the SO2R exponents have not
highlighted this before. Again can this be added to the wish list?

73

Clive
GW3NJW
gw3njw@arrl.net