[TRLog] Cabrillo and off time

Subject: [TRLog] Cabrillo and off time
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: 7 Nov 2000 05:07:56 -0000
I got this from Dr. Cabrillo:

    Listening time counts as on time, same as always.  There is no way
    for the contest sponsor to know whether or not your are listening,
    so it's up to you to keep track of on/off times on your own, same
    as always.

I guess it is kind of like asking someone at the end of the freeway
to write down how fast they were going.  The honest people don't
really need to.

I am hoping to add a routine to the log checking software that will
check to make sure periods that look like the appropriate off times
are in the log (by analyzing the QSO times).  That way - if someone
operated 25 hours instead of 24, it would be detected (you might
remember I did that about 5 years ago).

Also - I could get fancy and do a little cross checking to make sure
there isn't any rubber clocking going on.  Some routines were added
to the ARRL DX contest to look for that sort of thing and it worked
really well.

So - your off times will probably be checked better than they
ever have - even without you writing them down.

Tree