[TRLog] Log Submission and Times Off

Subject: [TRLog] Log Submission and Times Off
From: Daniel.Violette@West.Boeing.com (Violette, Daniel R)
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 13:02:48 -0800
I would recommend no one get too worked up about off times.  This reflector
will get filled up too like all the others do with 'discussions'.  This is
really not a change in policy.  You listen when you should be off, you
cheated.  When you listen for 1/2 hour and put it on your paper summary as
off time, you cheated.  Take your hours off, keep the record, if they
question it you then list the times you say you were off, still honor
system.  Until your radio is hooked via the internet to the 'referee group'
and the radio indicates when it was on/off, your power, takes your log as
you fill it in, and records the QSOs (or even oversees through AI), cheating
can happen (even then I suppose there are ways to cheat with second radios
not hooked up to network, etc.).  Other than going WRTC methods, there will
be opportunities to cheat, that is the way it goes.  Many will quit
contesting if cheating becomes the norm, but it isn't going that way.  The
cheaters aren't much competition anyway.

Dan Violette, KI6X