[TRLog] What happened?

Subject: [TRLog] What happened?
From: geoiii@loja.kkn.net (George Fremin III - K5TR)
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 05:26:09 -0800
On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 09:00:52PM -0600, Mike D. wrote:

> I've been using TR for several contests. Over the weekend in the sweeps, I
> noticed something peculiar. Sometimes in S & P, I would press ENTER to log
> the contact and the exchange data would overwrite the callsign field. The
> entry would not move up and be logged. So, I would edit the callsign field,
> separate the exchange components by a space, hit ENTER... then it would
> record the QSO. Was it me or TR?

I would have to see what you logged to be sure but it is
possilbe to enter an exchange in such a manner that
it looks like a callsign.  Although TR is very fogiving
with exchanges in SS there are some ways to confuse it.

I follow a few rules just so I am sure that TR will log
what I want it too.

Most problems can be overcome by logging the
serial number and the prec. together like  23B
and logging the check and section in this manner also.  76STX
If I update the check will also reenter the section
just to be on the safe side - like  77STX so the exchange
line looks like  123B 76STX 77STX

If updating the number you and just enter the number if you
make it 1 or 3 or more digits long.  Like 023
so it would look like this:

123B 76STX 77STX 023

I made a few QSOs this weekend and never had the exchange
overwrite the callsign field.

--

George Fremin III
Johnson City, Texas             "Experiment trumps theory."