[TRLog] Two Contests under Win98

Subject: [TRLog] Two Contests under Win98
From: Alan Kaul" <alan.kaul@worldnet.att.net (Alan Kaul)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 23:02:25 -0800
Dave wrote:  (re two WINDOWS to run TR)

>>>This might be a good way to run two seperate logs for the same contest.
i.e. where you are doing a single band effort but want to play on the other
bands during the "off hours". You could set up two differently named .CFG
files which were otherwise identical, i.e. CQWW40.CFG and CQWWALL.CFG. This
in turn generates two seperate log files CQWW40.DAT and CQWWALL.DAT.

<<<<

Not a good idea ... because keeping two separate logs and then only submitting
one band for your entry will screw up the contest-checking-software.  Other
stations who work you on whatever band YOU DO NOT  SUBMIT A LOG FOR, will claim
you for credit, but they will then get docked points when the logs are
checked -- because your log is for some other band.

Not only that, I believe most contest sponsors require that if you work more
than one band, that you submit logs of all contest QSO's.

I think it would be legit , however, to enter two different logs if you are
using two different sets of call letters (i.e. ur call on one log, and a club
call on the other).

73 de alan

Alan Kaul, W6RCL, LaCanada, CA
w6rcl@amsat.org , http://home.att.net/~alan.kaul/index.html