[TRLog] Two Contests under Win98....moving OT...

Subject: [TRLog] Two Contests under Win98....moving OT...
From: aa4ga@contesting.com (Lee Hiers)
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 12:31:38 -0500
On 27 Nov 2000, at 23:02, Alan Kaul wrote:

> Other stations who work you on whatever
> band YOU DO NOT  SUBMIT A LOG FOR, will claim you for credit, but they
> will then get docked points when the logs are checked -- because your
> log is for some other band.

They shouldn't...the log-check procedures should take such a scenario
into account.

That being said:

1) If you're doing a single-band entry and making Qs on another band,
you're probably losing...you're certainly not doing your best on the
single band (with some possible exceptions depending on band choices
and conditions).

2) I agree that if you do enter as a single-band entry and make Qs on
another band that it's the nice thing to do to send in a check log
for those other bands.

> Not only that, I believe most contest sponsors require that if you
> work more than one band, that you submit logs of all contest QSO's.

I don't know if it's required, I think it's requested usually.

> I think it would be legit , however, to enter two different logs if
> you are using two different sets of call letters (i.e. ur call on one
> log, and a club call on the other).

Isn't it specifically against the rules of most contests (at least
ARRL-sponsored as I recall - which have some exceptions) to use more
than one callsign from one location?

Not that this has anything to do with TR....

73 de Lee

--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA
Cornelia, GA