[TRLog] Wintelnetx and TR

Subject: [TRLog] Wintelnetx and TR
From: w2cs@ipass.net (Gary J. Ferdinand W2CS)
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 13:39:27 -0500
I've been trying to get the combo of wintelnetx and TR to play without
success.  Since I've never witnessed wintelnetx in action I don't know what
to expect to see from it.  Here's what I did.

I set up wintelnetx as follows...   Started a telnet session within
wintelnetx.  Since I was able to connect with a DX cluster web site, that
part looked good.  I then started a COM port session within wintelnetx.  I
noted that it created an additional (sub)window for COM.  I then configured
wintelnetx for a bi-directional route from the telnet session to/from the
COM session.  There were no error messages and the route appears.

However, on the TR side I'm seeing absolutely nothing.  I think I've matched
the serial port parameters on both sides.  At one point I got TR to twitch
and it announced it was connected to the packet port and then proceeded to
fill the top message area with unprintable symbols.   This to me looked like
a mismatch in baud rates or something, but the machine immediately locked
up.

On the wintelnetx side, the COM port subwindow remains empty.  When
wintelnetx is working are the lines appearing in the telnet window  (routed
to the COM session) copied to the COM subwindow as they are routed (and vice
versa)?

So, I can't really tell if the problem is on the TR side or the wintelnetx
side.  COuld be either or both.  The only thing that appears to work is the
telnet subwindow.  The COM subwindow is up, but empty.  TR is either mute or
locks up.

Wintelnetx is running in a separate computer from TR, connected with a null
modem cable.

All help, including working telnet-to-COM INI files, are appreciated.  73.

Gary W2CS
Apex, NC