[TRLog] Interface to FT1000MP MkV

Subject: [TRLog] Interface to FT1000MP MkV
From: v31jp@logical123.net (v31jp@logical123.net)
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2000 16:10:39 +0000
Well, Jim.

Take that all important radio and move it to you left. Put the
CRT in front of you. The keyboard in front of the CRT.

Why this way? Well, do you like accessing you radio OVER the
keyboard? I don't. I like my radio to the left where I can tune
it with my left hand easily and not touch my keyboard by accident.
The CRT, that I look at all the time is right in front of me. I
don't get a crinked neck because I am looking to the left or right
of my radio. I only glance at my radio from time to time, but my
logging screen is watched steadily. My keyer paddles are to the
right of my keyboard. My amplifier is on a shelf above my radio.
When I go to SO2R, I will put my second radio (and amplifier) on
the right. I would never put the radio behind the keyboard where
I would have to reaching over the keyboard as I tuned the bands
or adjusted or poked buttons.

--
73 de K8 Joe "Palooka" & Beverly
Joe Pontek