[TRLog] Interface to FT1000MP MkV

Subject: [TRLog] Interface to FT1000MP MkV
From: jimsmith@home.com (Jim Smith)
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 20:53:20 -0800
Just got new radio yesterday.  Trying to interface to trlog while 10m is
dead.  Want to have it working in time for band openining in am.

Running 6.54 under Win 98.  (Thanks to all those who responded to my
plea for help, enabling me to do do it.  Worked fine last 2 contests.)

No I/F cable came with radio so bought something from Radio Shack called
"Serial MS/DOS Interlink cable"  Why not a serial cable?  MkV has 9 pin
MALE serial connector and computer has 9 pin MALE serial connector.

Found free com port was COM1.  Set port settings to 4800N2.  Left
handshaking at XOn/XOff.  Rebooted computer to remind it that I'm in
charge.  Told TR to use COM1.

Tried ALT-V & ALT-B, expecting to see rig change bands.  Nothing.  Hit
the SHIFT key a few times expecting to see QSY.  Nothing.

I hope someone will be able to suggest what I should try next.  In the
meantime, I'll check the Radio Shack cable connections and I'll try
running the computer in DOS mode.

Hmm....  How do you set com port settings in DOS?  Haven't had to do
this since the last millenium.

Jim  VE7FO