[TRLog] Hiccups cured

Subject: [TRLog] Hiccups cured
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 16:21:37 -0500
Aw, bleep.  Apologies to Tree and the multitude, for sending a red herring
into your midst.

Here's the story.  Because I wasn't terribly serious about the NAQP, I
didn't bother to go through my usual drill and clean up my PC before I
started TR from a DOS window (under Win98SE).  I didn't have any foreground
Windows apps running, but I did have my network connection up (to a cable
modem), my ZoneAlarm firewall running, and my virus scanner on.  Because
the CW appeared clean and perfect, I didn't give any of those background
activities a second thought.

I should've.  Just now, I shut them all down and restarted TR, still in the
DOS window.  No more problem.  The polling intervals and program
synchronization with the radio are just as they should be.  No more hiccups.

73, Pete N4ZR
Contesting is!

The World Contest Station Database
is waiting for your input at