[TRLog] footswitch and packet cluster problem

Subject: [TRLog] footswitch and packet cluster problem
From: K3BU@aol.com (K3BU@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 13:04:36 EST
In a message dated 2/1/2001 8:42:42 PM Eastern Standard Time, petvet@erie.net
writes:

>  Hi everyone,
>
>  I didn't get any responses that answered the questions, so I'm re-posting
>  and hoping for some help. Thanks in advance!
>
>  I am using a dedicated 486 machine with dos version 6.
>
>  I have my footswitch on LPT1, which I wired onto the un-used pins inside my
>  top ten band decoder.  Have the footswitch set to mimic alt D dupe check.
>  When I engage the footswitch it takes several moments before the task shows
>  on the screen.  Sometimes I have to hit it a few times or hold it to get
the
>  action.  In testing, this occurs both with or without the pull-up resistor
>  wired to pin 14.

I bet that if you use foot switch programmed to key PTT line, it works every
time!

It appears that this might be a problem in the software. I have the same
problem when having foot switch programmed to switch between two radios,
simulating Alt-R. Alt-R works every time, but when I press foot switch
programmed to do the same thing, sometimes I have to press it 2, 3, or 4
times before it does what it supposed to do. When I use foot switch
programmed to key PTT of active radio, no problem, does it every time. So
there is no problem with wiring or functioning of the switch, the problem
appears to be in software. I mentioned that also way back and no response or
fix forthcoming. Looks we will have to program single keystroke to simulate
Alt-R or other functions that supposed to work and don't.

Yuri, K3BU