[TRLog] Installation Problem

Subject: [TRLog] Installation Problem
From: rrossi@btv.ibm.com (Ron D. Rossi)
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 11:48:21 -0500
>>>"Rick Tavan" said:
>

> I installed trlog on an IBM 600 laptop running Win 98. It exhibits the same p
    roblem whether under Win 98 itself or when booted in DOS mode. It runs for
    one QSO and then hangs up doing disk I/O and not listening to the keyboard.
     Does this ring a bell for anyone?

Rick,

I have seen something similar on a newer desktop. We were trying to set up for
a NAQP multi last month and the station's main computer would not run TR in a
DOS window, full screen, nor DOS mode! I created a boot disk from Windows 98
and ran from that. That worked just fine. This is the first time I have run
into this and it was thoroughly frustrating. I thought it might be an isolated
thing.

Another odd behavior associated with this was that running TR in loopback mode
would show the "port found everything okay message", but it would be rapidly
whisked off the screen by a series of unseen characters. CTRL-C or CTRL-BREAK
would get back to the DOS window or full screen. Running TR in normal mode
would just plain lock up and the only way to exit was to "end task" from C-A-D.

--
73 es God Bless de KK1L...ron (kk1l@arrl.net) <><
QTH: Jericho, Vermont