[TRLog] Newbie TR operation questions

Subject: [TRLog] Newbie TR operation questions
From: tavan@tibco.com (Rick Tavan)
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 16:10:12 -0800

OK, I finally got tr running under a Win98 simulation of DOS. Thanks to those
who responded to my earlier questions. Here are a few more:

* In CQ mode, I have a config file choice of working dupes or sending the
"you're a dupe" message. What I want to do is send the dupe message first but
then, if the station insists I'm not in his log, to complete a QSO. Any way to
do that short of changing the config parameter back and forth in real time
(many keystrokes)?

* The pre-programmed messages contain some apparently undocumented special
characters like two kinds of happy faces and the playing card spade symbol.
Anyone know what these are all about? I suppose I can just reprogram the
memories and forget about them, but it would be nice to know what they mean.

* Anyone know how to get a full-screen display under Win98 simulated DOS? Even
in so-called "full screen" mode, it only occupies about a third of the screen
area with black all around. I suspect real DOS would help, but I won't be able
to find a DOS boot disk that works with my IBM 600 laptop between now and
Sprint. (There was recent advice to hit F8 repeatedly while booting Win98 to
force it into a calmer form of DOS. I'll try that tonight when I get home.)

Thanks!

/Rick N6XI