SV: [TRLog] CW problems

Subject: SV: [TRLog] CW problems
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III - K5TR)
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 10:35:53 -0800
On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 06:20:38PM +0000, Clive Whelan wrote:

> I know that it was David/G3YXX who asked for the / character not
> to be counted in AUTO SEND CHARACTER COUNT, but I must say that
> I find this a nuisance and would prefer not to have it. Perhaps
> I have missed how to disable it? There is no way that I can get
> e.g. W7/DL3OI into the keyboard quickly enough, and my brain
> doesn't react quickly enough to use the start sending now key.

Something like this was already done in version 6.44

- Disabled AUTO SEND CHARACTER COUNT feature if the call entered so
far has / in it.  This keeps it from starting for calls like JA1/WB6ZVC.

> Sure I can respond on the paddle, but then I have to toggle the
> computer CW with Alt/K  to avoid sending garbage when I log the
> Q, and that's where we came in; hey ho.

Try using Control-Enter to move ahaed in the
QSO logging process instead of just Enter.
It does the same thing as Enter but does
not send CW.

--

George Fremin III
Johnson City, Texas             "Experiment trumps theory."