[TRLog] SBDVP and TR

Subject: [TRLog] SBDVP and TR
From: Igor Sokolov" <ua9cdc@dialup.mplik.ru (Igor Sokolov)
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 13:43:48 +0500
> Dave,
> SBDVP drove me nuts (still does).
> I have to go to the Start menu in Windows and hit Shut Down and then
Restart
> in MS-DOS mode.

There is no need. You can start it as DOS session from Windows. I usually
keep SBDVP in every contest directory that requires voice operation. I keep
.bat file like

sbdvp -s1
tr
sbdvp -u

in the same directory
Set Blaster parameter is set in the autoexec.bat so no need to do it again.
Path to TR is set in the Path parameter of autoexec.bat therefore there is
no need for C:/log/tr - just tr will do.

Then you can either create icons for each contest or just in the Win
explorer go to the .bat file and click on it.

I thing a lot of people cannot use SBDVP because they use cards that are
designed exclusively for Windows and are not supported in DOS (no drivers
etc.)
Again the best card for all the ham radi sound applications are ISA based
Creative SB of different flavours (SB 16, AWE 32, AWE 64 etc.) The only
problem is they are difficult to get hold of nowdays. Anyway some other
cards also known to work with SBDVP but usually require some time to sort
them out. And yet there are cards that will never work with SBDVP and some
other DOS applications like RITTY etc.

73,
Igor, UA9CDC