[TRLog] Problem.

Subject: [TRLog] Problem.
From: jimsmith@home.com (Jim Smith)
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 16:56:18 -0700
Ron,

Can't help you much but here's an idea.

Buy a cheap parallel port card (last one I bought was $17C, but
that was before PCI bus), install it, set it up as LPT2, plug your
printer in to it (you will have to change your printer port in
Control Panel) and try to print something.  If all OK it's
probably the parallel port.  While you probably can't fix it, you
probably can disable it and use the new card.

If the problem doesn't go away I would guess there is a driver
problem.  If your printer maker supplied a printer driver, you
could try reinstalling that.  Maybe you should try this first as
it is cheaper.

Caveat.  I'm no expert on this stuff.

Hope this helps.

73 de Jim Smith VE7FO