[TRLog] TR with YAESU FT817 or KENWOOD TS2000

Subject: [TRLog] TR with YAESU FT817 or KENWOOD TS2000
From: n6tw@n6tw.org (Larry Weaver)
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 15:21:56 -0700
At 07:57 AM 6/26/01 -0700, Tree N6TR wrote:

> > Interested to know if either or both these rigs will be added to the
> radios
> > supported by TR and if so what time span might we expect implementation in?
>
>I haven't seen the spec yet for the 2000 - however, I would be surprised
>if the standar0enwood interface won't work.  There is one datapoint
>that suggests it doesn't, but I am waiting to see if anyone else has
>problems.

The Kenwood selection in the serial port set up works fine with my TS2000.
Didn't change anything. Comparing the TS450 and TS2000 interface, the only
difference I see is the TS000 has more commands available.

It's not Plug & Play, though. The TS2000 setup is critical.

1. First, be sure you are using a straight thru serial cable, not a modem
cable.
2. Turn off PACKET OPERATION (Menu No. 55)
3. Set COM CONNECTOR PARAMETERS (Menu No. 56) to 4800 baud. Changing this
item seems to require turning the TS2000 off and then back on. Be sure to
close the menu before turning it off. If the menu is left open, it comes
back on with the old value. Closing the menu appears to be necessary to
save the changes.

73,

Larry N6TW