[TRLog] PCMCIA Cards

Subject: [TRLog] PCMCIA Cards
From: v31jp@logical123.net (Joe Pontek)
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 21:57:44 -0000
I just acquired a new "used" laptop to take to Belize. It is a NEC VERSA
5080X
233MHz with a PCMCIA slot. The PCMCIA modem appears to be working. Now,
maybe,
we can get e-mail at the house.

I remember seeing the discussion regarding PCMCIA cards for additional comm
ports. I need suggestion on brands, suppliers, and pricing. I will be using
it in the DOS mode, primarily to run a TNC for RTTY.

Thanks for the help.

Best regards de K8Joe"Palooka" & Beverly
Joe & Bev Pontek, Sr.
26441 Devaney Road
Arcadia, IN 46030-9532
USA
317-984-7388
FOC 1743  FISTS 7625
K8JP V31JP VP5/K8JP VP5JP K8JP/VA2 ex-K8HKM
Read the "Contest Traveler" in The National Contest Journal
http://sites.netscape.net/v31jp/homepage
also: k8jp@arrl.net & v31jp@contesting.com