[TRLog] Band QSYs when tuning too fast

Subject: [TRLog] Band QSYs when tuning too fast
From: jimsmith@home.com (Jim Smith)
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 01:54:48 -0700
Hi Doc,

Re new manual.

Would it be possible to produce a collection of just the pages
where stuff has changed?  The idea being that one could print just
the changes and stick them in the existing manual.

To print 170 or so pages on a laser printer costs about $8US.
Multiply that by all TRLog users and that's a lot of money
wasted.  Even worse for ink jet users.

I know that the addition of a paragraph to page 1 will cause all
following pages to be different.  However, if I could print just
the new page 1 and stick it in my manual, keeping the old page 1
there too, I wouldn't have any trouble figuring out which page I
should be looking at for what.  I don't think anyone else would
either.

Another possibility would be to print change bars in the margins.
One could then look for change bars in the PDF file and print just
the changed pages.

Another possibility would be to provide a list of pages which have
had info added or deleted.  One could then print just those pages.

More work for you, I know.

73 de Jim Smith VE7FO