[TRLog] TRLog in the RTTY Sprint (long)

Subject: [TRLog] TRLog in the RTTY Sprint (long)
From: jimsmith@home.com (Jim Smith)
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 14:31:33 -0700
Hi all,

I have never used a hardware keyer so I may be talking nonsense
here.  It seems to me that if clean cw is the main issue with
respect to cw in a Win environment it shouldn't be too hard to
make a hardware box that receives ASCII from the computer,
converts it to Morse and drives a relay to key the rig.  Now the
only timing issue is to meter out the ASCII symbols from a buffer
at the desired wpm rate.  Heck, maybe even I could do it.

This would obviously add to the cost but, if it was supplied in
kit form, I would think that, TRLoggers being a hardy lot, it
could be an acceptable workaround.

So, blaze away, tell me where I am wrong

73 de Jim Smith VE7FO