[TRLog] TRLog in the RTTY Sprint (long)

Subject: [TRLog] TRLog in the RTTY Sprint (long)
From: k2av@contesting.com (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 21:42:24 -0400
I am really tired of substituting mouse wiggles for perfectly good
keystrokes.

Is there possibly another approach that could actually make some money?
There are a lot of us that have various dos programs we have had for
years and can CTL-whatever in our sleep. NOT just TRLog.

TR is but one of SEVERAL DOZEN hangers-on I keep around.

I would pay TWO hundred dollars for a dos box that REALLY WORKED. Not
for a windows version of those two dozen programs, but a SINGLE DOS BOX
that has some development to keep it current.  A windows program that
was a shell to run old dos programs, really, reliably, with some slicks.

Mickey Sloth hasn't put in a minute on dos box code in almost a decade.
It is the demise of the dos box (to FORCE us to buy windows programs to
replace the old ones) that is the problem here.

If you can get a windows program to send smooth cw running on a 1.8 GHz
PC (you SHOULD be able to), why not a windows program "dos box" pulling
the same strings.

I would pay good money for something like "DA BOX" to keep my oldies
running. And DA BOX would appeal to other people besides hams.

PS, don't EVER listen to a bunch of hams talking about whether they want
to pay for something. They all sound like they would cheat the kids out
of ice cream money. If you want to know whether they will spend money or
not, look at their radio toys....

73

Guy Olinger, K2AV
Apex, NC, USA