[TRLog] TRLog in the RTTY Sprint (long)

Subject: [TRLog] TRLog in the RTTY Sprint (long)
From: w4zw@home.com (Jon, W4ZW)
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 13:55:22 -0400

TRLog is still the best CW contest logging program.

Writelog, as do most of the other Windows based programs,  has timing
issues with high speed CW under WIN2000 and WIN9x.  On older machines,
there is even choppy CW with WIN9x with WriteLog.

I run Win2000 (My favorite), NT, and various flavors of Windows 9x here.
I am able to run TRLog in a DOS window in the WIN9x OS based machines,
but WIN2000/NT will not relinquish controls of the IO ports to support
full high speed CW.  It will send CW but with segments of choppiness
that is annoying.

Cheap WIN9x/DOS machines are great for contesting.  I don't worry about
patches, hardware updates, and virus protection.  I only use the systems
with the radios and that's great as for as I'm concerned.

My 2 cents.

Jon Hamlet,  W4ZW
Casey Key Island, FL

"A little bit of Paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"