[TRLog] Handling of "?" at end of call sign

Subject: [TRLog] Handling of "?" at end of call sign
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L Martin)
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 18:31:28 -0600

> Tim, N4GN said:
>
> >since I also deleted the "?" from
> >the end of the call, TR Log thinks
> >I also "corrected" the suffix,
>
> >Did anyone actually follow this?
>
> Not only did I follow it, but I agree completely.  This would be
> a great thing.
> If you got the call right but weren't sure, and you added a ?
> because you wanted
> him to know you weren't sure, and he sent it again, and you
> realized you had it
> right in the first place, TRlog should just move on and not use
> the CALL OKAY
> NOW message just because you deleted the "?".
>
> Good thinking, Tim.
>
> Mark, N5OT

Why would one need to delete the ? at all?   The software could probably be
coded to do so.

If the ? prompts the station to repeat his/her call and it's good, then no
callsign in the exchange field should do the following:
1.  Remove the ? from the callsign window
2.  proceed with the normal TU message and NOT send the Call OK Now message

A callsign in the exchange field would prompt:
1.  The correction of the call
2.  The removal of the ? from the callsign window
3.  The Call OK Now message.

Seems a simple thing to check for in and remove from the call window.

Of course, the code can be adjusted accordingly when ham radio gets so
crowded worldwide that punctuation is incorporated into the callsigns.

73,
dale, kg5u